San Francisco Tours
San Francisco has tons of great events, but if you are visiting the city you can also take advantage of some of the amazing tours landmarks, neighborhoods and regions. San Francisco Tours offers bus trips, walking tours and food tours to help you see everything that San Francisco has to offer.
Check out all of the options on the San Francisco Tours website, including Alcatraz Tours, Winery Tours, Napa Wine Trips, Sonoma Wine Trips, Muir Woods Tours, Sausalito Tours, San Francisco Sightseeing Tours and More! Below are a few of the most popular tours available.
- Alcatraz Tours
- Winery Tours
- Muir Woods Tours
- Bus Tours
- Sightseeing Tours
- Walking Tours
- Food Tours
- Bike Tours
- Sailing Tours
- Cable Car Tours
- Full-Day Tours
Visiting San Francisco
If you are visiting San Francisco, you will find a city filled with some amazing events and activities all year long. With so many things to do, it can be difficult to figure out the top attractions to visit, best restaurants, best bars and best events to make the most of your time in San Francisco. San Francisco neighborhoods like Haight-Ashbury, North Beach, The Mission, Fisherman’s Wharf each have their own unique feel and selection of shops, cafés, restaurants, bars and more. San Francisco is also located close to lots of great Northern California areas like San Jose, Silicon Valley, Napa Valley Wine Country, Oakland and more, which offer even more options for things to do and things to see.
San Francisco is a walkable city, just 49 square miles in size, so between walking and the various public transportation options, you can feel free to adventure around the city to each neighborhood and special attraction with or without a plan. However, if you have your heart set on seeing certain top attractions and landmarks in the area, then taking advantage of the various San Francisco tour options will make things easier on you and relieve some of the stress of planning an itinerary, buying tickets, etc. There are many different types of tours including bus tours, walking tours, segway tours, bike tours, helicopter tours and more, so whether you prefer to be escorted around in a luxury vehicle or getting some exercise while biking around the Bay Area, you will have a lot of options to choose from.
For first time visitors, doing a full day bus tour is a great option. You will board a bus with a knowledgeable tour guide and head to top San Francisco attractions like the Golden Gate Bridge, Coit Tower, The Palace of Fine Arts, Golden Gate Park, Lombard Street, Union Square and more. Each tour is a little different, so make sure to check out the list of destinations to make sure you will get to see everything that you want to. There are also some specialized tours like Winery Tours, Muir Woods Tours and Alcatraz Tours that will give you a more in-depth experience at some of the best spots in the San Francisco Bay Area.
If you have a group of people and want a more customized experience, then you can also rent a bus from local charter bus companies like M Ride, Bauer’s, True Elegance and more. Most of these companies offer a wide range of vehicles like executive SUVs, sprinters, minibuses, party buses and more so you can always find the perfect vehicle for groups of any size. Most of the companies also have very knowledgable booking agents that will be able to put together an itinerary for you and recommend some great places to visit as well as help you secure tickets to various events and attractions.
Why San Francisco is a great city for Tourists
San Francisco is a city that offers something for everyone. From its iconic landmarks such as the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz Island, to its bustling neighborhoods like Fisherman’s Wharf and Chinatown, there is always something to see and do in San Francisco. The city also boasts some of the best food in the world, with a diverse range of cuisine that ranges from classic seafood to gourmet fusion. With its mild climate, diverse culture, and rich history, San Francisco is the perfect destination for anyone looking for a unique and unforgettable experience.
San Francisco is a city that boasts a rich history, stunning views, and a unique culture. It is a must-visit destination for anyone who loves to explore and experience new things. So, what are the different types of tours that are available in San Francisco, California and why you should consider taking one.
Top Tours in San Francisco
- Alcatraz Island Tour – A visit to Alcatraz Island is a must-do for anyone visiting San Francisco. This tour takes you to the former federal prison, which housed some of the most notorious criminals in history. You’ll get a chance to explore the cells, hear stories from former prisoners, and take in the stunning views of the city from the island.
- Golden Gate Bridge Tour – A tour of the Golden Gate Bridge is a must-do for anyone visiting San Francisco. This iconic landmark is one of the most recognizable structures in the world and is a symbol of San Francisco’s beauty and resilience. On this tour, you’ll get to walk across the bridge and take in the breathtaking views of the city and the bay.
- San Francisco City Tour – If you’re visiting San Francisco for the first time, a city tour is the perfect way to get a comprehensive overview of the city’s history, culture, and landmarks. You’ll visit some of the city’s most iconic neighborhoods and landmarks, including Fisherman’s Wharf, Chinatown, Haight-Ashbury, and the Painted Ladies.
Types of Tours
- Walking Tours – Walking tours are a great way to explore San Francisco on foot. These tours are usually led by local guides who are knowledgeable about the city’s history and culture. Walking tours are a great option for those who want to get up close and personal with the city and take in the sights and sounds of San Francisco.
- Bus Tours – Bus tours are a great option for those who want to see as much of San Francisco as possible in a limited amount of time. Bus tours usually cover a lot of ground and are a great way to get a comprehensive overview of the city’s landmarks, neighborhoods, and culture.
- Food Tours – San Francisco is known for its amazing food, and food tours are a great way to sample the city’s diverse cuisine. These tours take you to some of the city’s best restaurants, food markets, and food trucks, where you can taste a variety of dishes and learn about the city’s food culture.
Things to See if it’s Your First Time in San Francisco
- Golden Gate Park – This iconic park is one of the most visited parks in the world, with over 1,000 acres of lush green space. It’s home to many attractions such as the Conservatory of Flowers, Stow Lake Boathouse, and Japanese Tea Garden.
- The Golden Gate Bridge – One of the most iconic landmarks in California, this bridge spans 1.7 miles across the San Francisco Bay and is an amazing sight to behold.
- Fisherman’s Wharf – A popular tourist destination located on San Francisco’s waterfront, Fisherman’s Wharf offers plenty of attractions such as Pier 39, Ghirardelli Square, and Aquarium of the Bay. There are also plenty of restaurants and shops to explore here.
- Alcatraz Island – Located in San Francisco Bay, Alcatraz Island was once home to a notorious prison that housed some of America’s most notorious criminals. Now it’s open for visitors who can take tours around the island and learn about its history.
- Chinatown – Located in downtown San Francisco, Chinatown is one of the oldest Chinese neighborhoods in North America and offers plenty of sights and sounds for visitors to explore including temples, markets, restaurants and more!
- Muir Woods National Monument – This ancient redwood forest is located just north of San Francisco and offers breathtaking views as well as hiking trails through some of California’s oldest trees!
- Napa Valley – Just an hour north from San Francisco lies Napa Valley – one of California’s premier wine regions! Visitors can enjoy wine tastings at some of Napa Valley’s best wineries or take a hot air balloon ride over vineyards for an unforgettable experience!
- Sausalito – Located just across from San Francisco on the other side of the Golden Gate Bridge lies Sausalito – a charming seaside town with stunning views across the bay! There are plenty of shops, galleries and restaurants here for visitors to explore!
- Mission District – This vibrant neighborhood in downtown San Francisco has become known for its street art murals as well as its diverse selection of restaurants serving up delicious Mexican cuisine!
- The Ferry Building: The Ferry Building is a historic landmark in San Francisco and a popular destination for tourists and locals alike. The building is home to a variety of restaurants, shops, and farmers markets and offers stunning views of the Bay Bridge and the San Francisco skyline.
- The Embarcadero: The Embarcadero is a popular waterfront district in San Francisco that offers stunning views of the Bay and the Golden Gate Bridge. The district is home to a variety of restaurants, bars, and shops and is a popular destination for tourists and locals alike.
- Union Square: Union Square is the heart of downtown San Francisco and is home to some of the city’s most popular shopping and dining destinations. The square is also home to a number of iconic landmarks, including the Grace Cathedral and the Cable Car Museum.
- Chinatown: Chinatown is San Francisco’s oldest and largest neighborhood and offers visitors a unique glimpse into Chinese culture and history. The neighborhood is home to a variety of restaurants, shops, and cultural attractions, including the famous Chinatown Gate.
- Haight-Ashbury: Haight-Ashbury is a historic district in San Francisco that is best known for its role in the hippie movement of the 1960s. The district is home to a variety of shops, restaurants, and bars and is a popular destination for tourists and locals alike.
More Tours in San Francisco
Planning an event? Add it to the list