Jack London Square great destination for visitors to Oakland, CA, Located on the waterfront of the San Francisco Bay, the square offers amazing views of the San Francisco Bay. Jack London Square hosts a variety of shops, restaurants, and attractions for visitors to enjoy. It is a hub of activity, hosting events and festivals throughout the year, including outdoor concerts, farmers markets, and food festivals. Jack London Square offers a great spot for people to eat dinner, grab a drink, see a concert or do some light shopping, all in one place.
How to get the Jack London Square
The square is located at the foot of Broadway, near the intersection of Broadway and Embarcadero. Visitors can reach Jack London Square by car, ferry, or by taking public transportation, including BART (get off at 12th Street or Lake Merritt). There is also a large parking garage located near the square.
Interesting facts about Jack London Square
- The square is named after the famous author Jack London, who was born in Oakland and spent much of his life in the area.
- The square is located on the waterfront of the San Francisco Bay and offers views of the water and the nearby cityscape.
- Jack London Square is a hub of activity, hosting a variety of events and festivals throughout the year.
- It is home to a variety of shops, restaurants, and attractions, including a ferry terminal, a hotel, and a historic movie theater.
- The square is accessible by car, ferry, or public transportation, including BART, which stops at the nearby Oakland Jack London Square Station.
More Attractions in San Francisco
Planning an event? Add it to the list